The Autoimmune Keto Cookbook: Heal Your Body with Delicious AIP-Compliant Recipes and Meal Plans
(as of Aug 17,2022 07:20:43 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Egg Cups
AIP-Reintroduction Phase: Eggs & Egg-Based Sauces, Non-AIP Spices (black pepper)
This super low-carb breakfast is easy to make in a muffin pan and has a fun presentation. Add avocado slices or fresh herbs to the tops of the cooked egg cups to take them up a notch.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the bacon to the baking sheet and cook for 6 minutes in the oven. Remove the bacon from the oven and let cool slightly.
3. Grease a six-cup muffin pan with the avocado oil.
4. Carefully place each bacon slice inside the muffin cup creating a circle around the edge of each well.
5. Crack one egg into each muffin cup; top with the scallions, salt, and pepper.
6. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the egg white is cooked but the yolk is still runny.
7. Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes then remove each egg cup carefully with a spoon and serve.
Per Serving: Calories: 244; Fat: 18g; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Net Carbs: 1g; Protein: 19g MACROS – Fat: 67%; Protein: 31%; Carbs: 2%
Ingredients: 6 slices bacon (nitrate-free, no sugar added) 1 teaspoon avocado oil 6 large eggs 2 tablespoons chopped scallions 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Publisher : Rockridge Press (December 31, 2019)
Language : English
Paperback : 210 pages
ISBN-10 : 1646110382
ISBN-13 : 978-1646110384
Item Weight : 1.15 pounds
Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches