- Learn new communication skills. It’s always a good thing.
- You don’t have to respond right away. It’s fine to pause and take a few deep breaths while you think about your next step.
- As much as you want and wish for other people in your life to change, if they’re not ready or if they’re unwilling, then you have to let it go.
- Speaking of changes, personal change doesn’t always have to always be big, sweeping and dramatic. It can mean small tweaks along the way. Any progress is forward progress.
- It’s OK if your interests evolve. You’re growing, so what you find interesting will evolve, too.
- Fashion-related item: A puffed shoulder is cute, but sometimes, if the puff is even just a touch too puffy, it can veer into pirate territory.
- You don’t have to have all the answers.
- Even though it might feel like it was your fault, chances are it wasn’t, and you had no real control in how things played out.
- A poker face comes in REALLY handy at work.
- Side note to my inner child: You don’t have to do it all by yourself. You can and should ask for help from others.
- If you’re feeling stuck, flip the script in some way. Try something different. It might just spark something.
- If things are pretty good, then cherish those times. Each season is so fleeting, and there will be a time when you look back at that time with awe and wonder.
- Even though I always feel like I have so much to learn about writing, sharing what I know about it with other people is fun.
- Lists are also fun! Oh, and they don’t have to be too complicated or wordy.
- It’s a good thing to sit down and write a list about things you’ve learned recently. It’s surprisingly eye opening.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,