On 8th April 2022, Avalue Technology Inc, a global industrial PC solution provider and an associate member of the Intel Internet of Things Solutions Alliance, is bringing a new embedded single board computer, ECM-EHL, equipped with the Intel Pentium/ Celeron/ Atom SoC BGA Processor.
These boards are great for industrial automation, retail, smart city and IoT solutions. Compared to their predecessors, these have improved performance, I/O capability, and better security features. Also, they are CE and FCC Class B certified.
Here are some of the features of the ECM-EHL board:
- The processor, Intel Pentium/Celeron/Atom SoC BGA, also called Elkhart Lake, is soldered on the bottom layer of the board
- The 3.5 inch SBC, ECM-EHL, features flexible I/O
- It supports two USB 3.1 Gen.2, four USB 2.0, one RS-232/422/485 and three RS232 ports
- It has a wide DC power input range of 9 V to 36 V
- It supports triple display (DP, HDMI, eDP) for industry applications
- This SBC design has two M.2 expansion slot options
- M.2 E-Key Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module connection
- M.2 B-Key SATA/PCIe/USB (It supports storage to enable expansion)
- Also, ECM-EHL offers dual Intel Gigabit Ethernet: 2.5GbE & 1GbE. The 2.5 Gbps Ethernet enables high-speed connection for network devices.
- In addition to the standard working temperature of 0°C~ +60°C, ECM-EHL has extended temperature tolerance to -40°C~ +85°C (with 0.5 m/s air flow), which is suitable for industrial and outdoor applications under harsh operating conditions.
- It supports Linux as well as Windows 10.
- Its graphic chipset has Intel Elkhart Lake SoC Processor and integrated Gen11 LP graphics.
Some of its main applications areas include:
- Factory automation
- Retail, Digital Signage, KIOSK
Avalue Technology Inc, headquartered in Taiwan, is a professional industrial computer manufacturing company, focused on the future with innovative embedded computer products. Some products from Avalue include embedded computers, single board computers (SBC), Systems-on-Modules, industrial motherboards, all-purpose tablet PCs, and barebone products.
Its datasheet and other important features can be found here.