Job Description Overview
The Sr RF Engineer will be responsible to provide Design & Development Support on RF for RFoF (Radio Frequency Over Fiber) products for Aerospace, Defense & Marine Market requirement. The Sr Engineer will work closely with Global and Local cross functional team to develop Products by translating a Customer requirement into a Product requirement, work through the Development cycle including Testing, Approval and Release into Production.
- Design and analysis of RF and/or Mixed Signal hardware
- Conduct detailed electrical design, supporting prototype and final hardware build & test
- Carry out component selection, schematic capture and PCB layout of parts
- Lead RF hardware projects from design to test to delivery through proper design methodology.
- Ensure on time delivery and first time right approach in all the project deliverables.
- Work with local and global counterpart / stake holder for ensuring quality deliverable and project execution.
- Interface with system, mechanical, software, and other engineers for ensuring design and task completion
- Work closely with third party vendor / supplier to define the technical requirements for the product and project execution.
- Mentor the new team members on design and development of RF product design
- BE/BTech with specialization in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Min 5 years of experience in RF Microwave board design and development
- Experience with RF Microwave design for aerospace & defense applications
- Experience with ADS or Microwave Office, Cadence, Sonnet and HFSS software applications
- Familiarity with standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters, logic analyzers, signal/spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC requirements, qualification processes and electronics documentation
- Familiarity with optical transceivers will be an added advantage
- Technical capabilities: Expert functional/domain knowledge
- Strong Technical Aptitude with Willingness to learn new Technologies quickly.