Job Description Summary
Power electronics engineer is primarily responsible for the design & development of High Frequency High Voltage Generators for X-Ray generation applications. The person will be responsible for electrical and electronic hardware design of new products with a constant eye for improvements, quality, cost productivity & reliability.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Power electronics engineer will work in design and development team of High Frequency High Voltage Generators used in X-Ray generation applications.
- You will work collaboratively with hardware and software experts in the projects and develop necessary designs and outputs for X-ray Generators.
- You should be able to understand requirements, conduct necessary analysis, calculations, simulations, Develop and evaluate Power electronics design concepts as applicable to Generators.
- You should be able to deliver designs working independently and lead product designs, design changes or Value Engineering productivity programs relevant to X-Ray generator
- You Should own and lead the projects assigned and work closely with Project team to meet all deliverables based on program requirements. Should comply with the GE quality management system requirements
- Should be able to work collaboratively with cross functional team in Integration, testing , verification and design transfer of new designs or design changes.
- Should be able to work on different types of projects like Advanced Technology development, New Product introduction, Design transfer, Design changes / improvements, Value engineering and reliability projects.
- Identify and deliver the opportunities for continuous improvement of products and processes impacting core technologies and design excellence.
- Develop FMEA and participate in risk assessment and RCA.
- Comply with quality management system, global regulatory & medical device standard requirements in all activities performed.
- Work with cross functional teams with focus on business priorities and be able to execute on assignments aligned to the priorities
BE/BTech/ME/MTech in EEE/ECE/Power Electronics with relevant experience (3 + years).
- Should have in depth understanding of Power Converter (Buck, Boost, Buck-boost, Fly-back, forward etc.), High frequency operation, Resonant Circuit application Power Converters/Inverters (Resonant Power Converter), High voltage multiplier/Voltage Doubler circuit, Analog/power Amplifiers etc. Added advantage with knowledge on Static Compensators, Active filters etc.
- Should have understanding of doing different types of analysis like small signal analysis, large signal analysis etc. for different type of AC/DC or DC/AC converter including PFC Circuits
- Should have Strong fundamentals of EMI/EMC and its Filter design
- Should have working knowledge of Electronics design/Simulation tools such as Matlab , Pspice, Orcad, Cadence or equivalent tools.
- Should have sound knowledge on Power converter control with analytical capabilities using Bode plot, Nyquist plot etc.
- Added advantage in case of knowledge on Analog / Digital controllers, FPGA, DSP and Embedded systems, Mixed signal PCB Design and Fault Debugging.
- Good knowledge on PWA design principles, component selection, magnetics and thermal design and hardware packaging guidelines is an added advantage.
- Added advantage with knowledge on design for six sigma, reliability, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Should have strong oral and written communication skills.