If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer – Java Developer in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the software development efforts by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, enterprise grade software applications.
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
- Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
- Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
- Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
- Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products.
- Expert level skills in Java (J2EE), Spring Core, Spring MVC, AJAX, JMS.
- 1+ years’ experience developing enterprise grade highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems.
- Experience with web application frameworks.
- Excellent object-oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns
- Experience in DBMS and ORM frameworks like SQL Server.
- Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering.
- Experience in an Agile design methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Good to have experience working with C++/C#, ActiveMQ library and Test-driven development (TDD) process.
- Experience on Spring AOP, Spring Transactions, Spring web services.