The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values – Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behaviour and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey
Vehicle Engineering is responsible for the complete truck project deliveries, vehicle components and systems for the Truck brands within the Volvo Group. We work globally to innovate and develop systems and components for each truck brand based on common architecture and shared technology.
Systems Engineering develops technical strategies & solutions for Architecture, Vehicle communication, Vehicle Configuration and diagnostics both for onboard and off board services. These are then detailed in system specifications, which support our platform objectives.
EE System Engineer is a role within Systems Engineering that performs development of the Electrical System right from the concept stage. This role is to ensure that necessary system activities are performed within each assignment to secure the delivery and maintainability of a consistent and fully functional EE system.
- Perform the system design activities for the TEA2 Bridge Plan in co-ordination with System Leader & Architect and line management
- Follow defined system development processes and methods.
- Support with estimations for identified activities
- Perform Risk Management activities via appropriate quality tools jointly with quality section representative (risks analysis, FMEA, dependability analysis, etc…)
- Analyse identified risks and risk mitigation activities to minimize the probability of risks occurring and/or reduce the consequence of them
- Escalate issues / risks to stakeholders proactively
- Document pre-study/concept investigation summary in project technical reports
- Define & document the System and functional specifications as part of the project deliverables
- Define and Document the diagnostic strategies
- Regularly follow-up progress, problems and open issues within assignment and ensure that these are handled and communicated
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech in Electrical/Electronics and Communication engineering or related fields
- Experience: 4 – 7 years
- Automotive knowledge along with strong ElectricalElectronics engineering knowledge.
- Sound knowledge / aptitude in Requirements engineering
- Strong Truck Application Knowledge.
- Strong knowledge on CAN & UDS
- Knowledge of SAFe/ Agile way of working (preferred)
- Knowledge in Function development and Diagnostics
- Good communication & documentation skills