Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Have you ever wanted to work on a project which will have a global impact? Do you want to apply your software engineering skills to improving quality and reliability of software? Do you like to research and create complex tools and infrastructure and use them to integrate and debug cutting edge technology? This is your chance to join Qualcomm’s Wireless Research and Development to help enable the wireless data revolution that will that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. Join a dynamic team in the process of building next-generation end-to-end systems for 5G NR. We are looking for a self-starter and motivated individual who wants to take his/her cellular experience to the next level.
You will be contributing to the latest ideas and developments in mobile wireless and working with world leading experts to shape the future of wireless communication.
Qualcomm Wireless Research acts as a catalyst to the entire wireless industry and is leading the way in many new technologies that will be commercialized in near future.
You will be involved in the design, implementation and testing of complex tools that help test and benchmark the performance of large SW sub systems that are part of advanced 5G NR gNB infrastructure. Your tools will have real time performance requirements, running on powerful state of the art HW platforms and help out in test planning, execution, and automation of the various gNB features. This position will expose you to Qualcomm’s cutting edge SoC, HW platforms, as well as the 5G NR system specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2-15 years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2-15 years of experience with programming languages such as C, C++, Python, etc.
- Interest in integration, troubleshooting, and software quality and analytics activities
Web technologies (e.g. HTML, XML, C#, .Net), Scripting (e.g. Python, shell, Jenkins)
- Experience in real time embedded SW development and multi threaded concepts
- Experience with Linux device drivers
- Understanding of wireless protocols (e.g. LTE, UMTS, 1xEVDO, Wi-Fi, 5G NR experience is a plus)
- Software architecture
- Operating systems fundamentals
- TCP/IP networking; Linux development environment
- Experience in complex s/w debugging
- Experience with IP protocol, packet routing, packet sniffing and high speed capture.
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic team environment
Bachelor’s / Masters in Electronics & Communication / Computer Engineering.