NVIDIA is searching for a highly motivated, creative engineer to join the GPU Software team. As a GPU system software engineer, you will work with a team of highly talented software and hardware engineers involving a wide variety of technologies. As someone who is hardworking and passionate about their work, you will design key aspects of our production GPU kernel drivers and embedded SW. You should demonstrate the ability to excel in an environment with sophisticated software and hardware interactions.
What you’ll be doing
- Define, design, develop and verify features for our GPUs; collaborating with hardware engineers and fellow software engineers.
- You will follow the devices all the way through the development process to the customer desktops, notebooks, workstations, and gaming console products that are used throughout the world.
- Heavily involved with the early modeling and simulation required to create our groundbreaking products.
- Multiple opportunities to collaborate and communicate effectively with teams from all around the globe.
What we need to see
- BS or MS degree, or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
- Strong C programming skills as well as having shown initiative in pursuing independent coding projects.
- Familiarity with computer system architecture, microprocessor, and microcontroller fundamentals (caches, buses, memory controllers, DMA, etc.).
- Strong Operating systems fundamentals with Kernel experience on Linux, Android, Chrome, or Windows systems.
- 3+ years of meaningful software development experience.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Background and strength with complex system-level debugging is invaluable.
- Deep understanding of memory management and virtualization concepts.
- Familiarity with kernel level security concepts.
- Experience with embedded system SW concepts, e.g.: RTOS and overlay programming models.
- RISC and Display understanding.