Mentor Graphics is a leader in automation software for electrical and electronic industries. We enable companies to develop better products faster and more efficiently. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly sophisticated worlds of electrical, PCB and chip design.
Mentor’s IESD division develops CAPITAL, a software suite used globally by automotive and aerospace manufacturers and wire harness suppliers to improve their electrical distribution system (EDS) design and manufacturing flows.
In this position, you will implement a cloud-based SaaS solution for a set of Siemens tools that are currently supported as desktop-based applications. You will be responsible to complete product roadmaps by developing exciting features that solve real-world industry problems. You will define solutions, develop requirements, and work in an agile fashion to ensure your solutions are meet our customers’ needs. You will have significant input in defining the roadmap and vision for the products you own and be a critical part of regular planning. You will enhance the UX of whole product while contributing to SaaS transformation and alongside ensuring protecting the core of our design solutions.
Change the future with Us
- Drive and implement Cloud-based solution for electrical design applications as a Product owner
- Work closely with Domain, Market, and Industry teams for planning and roadmap grooming.
- Define, validate, and prioritize marketing requirements for Cloud based design tools and related technologies.
- Work with the development organization to describe the context, value, and intent of the requirements and throughout the implementation ensuring that the software meets the intent.
- Support development of materials to enable the sales force to present and demonstrate new features and to communicate the value and utility of these features.
- Have you built and delivered product training to internal staff and customers!
- Did you build e-learning materials and ensured that user documentation is effective!
- Communicate the vision of the product line and act as an enthusiast both internally and externally.
- Provide product support to the Siemens sales channel, working directly at customers’ sites in pre- and post-sales situations. This duty may involve some level of international travel.
Experience and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information technology or similar field
- Must have a shown past work experience with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) platforms.
- Must be proficient with cloud computing services, Multi-tenancy, and cloud software licensing (subscription basis) and central hosting of cloud application
- Must have experience with product development and knowledge of agile methodologies
- Must be strong at uncovering root cause problems then solving those problems
- Highly credible with customers & and develop strong customer relationships
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills and peak proficient English; other languages and international experience is a distinct advantage
- A natural standout colleague, encouraging the domain and caring about overall IES success
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to own and work with required timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive approach
- Articulates requirements for each user story with detailed acceptance criteria
- You need to be a clarifier and able to take complexity and distil out what really matters and would need to develop the user experience that suit our customers
- Experience of building large to medium scale Cloud/SaaS based product solutions
- Experience with User Experience design for cloud-based & web-applications
- Experience with electrical design tools; Capital experience is helpful
- Experience of requirements gathering and creation of product plans
- Experience of working in distributed teams that span continents and with mixed cultural backgrounds. The ideal candidate would have shown ability to build strong working relationships in such an environment.