Software Verification engineer is responsible for understanding requirement specifications, develop verification plan, develop & execute unit test cases. This can be part of manual testing and/or develop scripts in Java /TCL / Python to automate and test Embedded Software (Firmware) used in for X-ray generators within Imaging Sub Systems group of GE Healthcare.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Read and understand requirements specifications and translate them to unit test cases, execute them.
- Able to capture the executed test results into a report and document the same as per the established procedures
- Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware availability
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Electronics/ Computer science Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded software testing on CAN bus
- Expertise in developing test cases in Java, Python
- Familiarity with requirement gathering documents like DOORS
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with unit test and static analysis tools.
- Good working knowledge of configuration management tools like Git.
- Strong oral & written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, and execute programs.
- Experience in Agile development is desirable.
- Other programming languages like C, C++, TCL etc
- Basic knowledge to read and understand digital schematics (MCU/DSP etc).
- Exposure to SW/FW development in power/medical domain
- Understanding of communication protocols like CAN, UART, SPI, Ethernet etc