You might start feeling a little bit of a downgrade in the car’s engine after a year or 2 of purchase. If you use your car regularly, you will notice that your car is not accelerating as fast as it used to or the engine isn’t smooth anymore compared to when it was brand new.
If you are facing such a type of downgrade in the engine, it might be time for you to perform thorough maintenance of your car’s engine parts. One such maintenance procedure involves cleaning of fuel injectors that perform a crucial job in the engine’s performance. If you are not sure how to buy a fuel injector, simply follow the qualities mentioned below.
- Brand: If this is your first time buying a fuel injector cleaner, you might not be familiar with the brands that are known for such products. Your best bet will be buying a popular option from the market as it is backed by a large volume of satisfied customers and you can rely on its performance. Otherwise, you will have to check the chemical properties of the cleaning solution to verify its reliability, which is kind of a tedious process.
- Volume: The volume of a fuel injector cleaner refers to the amount of fluid available in a pack. As the cleaners are available in the liquid form, the volume is presented in the “oz” or ounces unit. As you can imagine, a higher volume fuel injector can last you comparatively longer and allow more frequency cleaning sessions.
- Quantity: The quantity on the other hand refers to the titan number of cans you are getting in a pack. Even if some brands offer lesser volume per can, you will find more than 1 can in a package, bringing up the effective volume in the pack. It is also a preferable option since the 2nd can will be opened until you utilize the first one, further increasing its shelf life.
While the qualities mentioned above are good enough to pick up a decent fuel injector can from the market, you might get confused between hundreds of options available right now. To save you the trouble of browsing and verifying each and every option, we have created this list of the best fuel injectors right here. We will be offering detailed information about each fuel injector to let you understand these options thoroughly. We also have a Buying Guide for the best fuel injector cleaners so make sure you also check that out before making your decision.
Best Fuel Injector Cleaner 2022
Best Fuel Injector Cleaner Reviews
Since a lot of consumers prefer buying popular options, we will start off our picks with a brand called Chevron. This is a widely renowned brand for motor oil and fuel injector cleaners.
In the 1st place, we are putting the Chevron Techron System Cleaner. This happens to be the most popular option available on our picks of the best fuel injector cleaners. This is a bottle of 20 punch cleaning solution which is designed with highly ergonomic design for easy application. Once this solution is in your car’s system, it will clean, restore and protect your system for a very long time.
Apart from cleaning, the Chevron Techron System Cleaner also helps to bring lost performance back to your car’s engine and improve its overall fuel economy. This solution is also proven to reduce rough idling, engine surge, spark plug problems, and many other internal problems of the engine. Once cleaned with the Chevron Techron System Cleaner, your fuel injectors will be good to go for about a year or so.
- Produced by Chevron
- One of the premium options on this list
- Offers 20 ounces capacity in a pack of 1 can
- Highly ergonomic can design
- Offers many benefits to the engine
- All-in-one solution for many engine calamities
- Improves cold-start performance of the engine
- Suitable for yearly maintenance
- Slightly expensive for the given solution volume
We will continue our picks for the best fuel injector cleaner with yet another premium option from Lucas. As you may already know, Lucas is a well-known brand for commercial-grade engine oil and other similar products.
In 2nd place, we have the Lucas LUC10013 10013 Fuel Treatment solution. This is rather a large can since it measures about 7.23 x 4.93 x 5.75 inches in dimensions. Within that, it offers about 128 ounces of fuel injector cleaning solution that can be used for a lot of applications. Thus, it is a great pick for professional users and mechanics who come across multiple vehicles every day that needs fuel injector cleaning.
In terms of pricing, you may find the Lucas LUC10013 10013 Fuel Treatment a bit more expensive compared to other options. But, once you consider the overall volume available with the pack, you will surely realize that Lucas is offering the best effective price for the cleaning agent per ounce. The Lucas LUC10013 10013 Fuel Treatment is designed and developed in the USA, so its quality and reliability should not be an issue. This solution is designed in such a way that it cleans, lubricates, and increases the performance of the engine. It also manages to neutralize fuel problems caused by low sulfur.
- Produced by Lucas
- Cleans and lubricates the system
- Offers 128 ounces capacity in a pack of 1 can
- Eliminates low sulfur fuel problems
- Manages to expand the lifespan of pumps and fuel injectors
- Best option for professional application
- Lucas is offering the best volume along with best effective price per ounce
- The solution increases the fuel economy
- Can design could have been better
Compact fuel injector cleaning bottles are certainly easier to handle and use. Therefore, we are including the following option from Red Line next in our list.
In the 3rd position, we have yet another highly popular option for the best fuel injector cleaner. The Red Line 60103 SI-1 cleaner is also a complete solution for a variety of engine and fuel-related problems in a car. Also, you will be getting 2 bottles of solution with a volume of 15 ounces each, making the total cleaner volume about 30 ounces.
However, the Red Line 60103 SI-1 cleaner also happens to be one of the premium choices present on our picks. Since it cleans almost 100% impurities in a single pass, you can imagine the quality and purity of the chemical compounds used in this solution. Red Line is also promising nearly 2 points less requirement for octane once you start using the cleaner for your car. For best results, Red Line suggests using a whole bottle for the tank.
- Produced by Red Line
- Cleanes nearly 100% impurities in a single pass
- Offers 15 ounces capacity each in a pack of 2 cans
- Safe for continental usage
- Reduces octane level requirement
- Ergonomic design for the bottle
- Overall quantity is great
- Solution contains upper cylinder lubricant
- Premium price tag for the given quantity of solution
Now that you are familiar with the premium options available in the market for fuel injector cleaners, let us talk about what you will get within an affordable range. Sea Foam is one such brand that offers a great solution within a very cheap price range.
The Sea Foam IC5 is one of the cheapest options you can find in the market for a fuel injector cleaning solution. Within a highly affordable price range, Sea Foam IC5 offers about 5.25 ounce of cleaning solution per bottle. Once you start using the solution, you will notice a lot better performance since it thoroughly cleans the fuel injectors and restores its spray patterns.
Apart from just cleaning the injectors, the Sea Foam IC5 also lubricates the upper cylinders, further improving their performance. Thus, you will also notice a much better fuel economy once you clean the injectors with the solution. The Sea Foam IC5 features a concentrated formula that is suitable for up to 25-gallon fuel tanks, making it a viable option for large vehicles as well as small. And, Sea Foam is assuring high safety levels for all types of engine, making it a decent choice at this price.
- Produced by Sea Foam
- Helps to clean the fuel injectors and restore spray patterns
- Offers 5.25 ounces capacity in a pack of 1 can
- Suitable for tanks up to 25 gallons in size
- Safe for most types of gasoline fuel engines
- One of the cheapest options in the market
- Solution also lubricates upper cylinders
- Suitable for large vehicles
- Volume per bottle is very low
Berryman is also a highly affordable brand which also deals with many maintenance related products. Berryman offers fuel additives, cleaners, lubricants and much more.
Up next, we have yet another cheap option for a fuel injector cleaner. In fact, it is actually the cheapest option available on our picks today. This bottle of cleaning solution offers a volume of 15 ounces which is still a good option for both personal as well as professional applications. This solution also offers 100% high energy solvent which makes sure that your fuel injectors are thoroughly cleaned. Apart from that, it will also clean the intake ports and valves altogether.
While you are using the cleaner, the Berryman 0116 Injector Cleaner will also disperse moisture which can result in further internal damage to the valves. Once you start using the Berryman 0116 Injector Cleaner, you will notice a great performance level as it has less than 3% Acetone, which is pretty impressive. Along with that, you will get assurance of higher compression levels, fewer maintenance needs, and increased part life.
- Produced by Berryman
- Cheapest option for a fuel injector cleaner
- Offers 15 ounces capacity in a pack of 1 can
- Contains less than 3% acetone
- Disperses residue moisture
- Great option for the price
- Offers great volume for the price
- Contains less than 3% Acetone
- Canister design could have been better
While we are discussing price-effective options, let us introduce yet another brand which is offering a great deal on fuel injector cleaner. The following option from STP also offers a great storage life.
The STP Fuel Injector Cleaner is also a great option for the given price, especially when you consider the fact that the brand is offering a pack of 2 cleaning canisters. With a volume of 5.25 ounces, the pack offers nearly 11 ounces of solution which is great for personal usage. And as you are getting the solution in 2 bottles, you can keep one stored as a backup for quite some time without any loss of quality.
Coming to the performance of the solution, STP Fuel Injector Cleaner also offers pretty impressive performance as it unclogs the dirty fuel injectors and manages to restore actual performance of your car’s engine. With that, you will notice faster acceleration as well as higher power delivery. And as this is a cleaning solution at its core, it removes harmful deposits from the engine. You can also use the solution for cap-less gas engines.
- Produced by STP
- Suitable for cap-less gas engines
- Offers 5.25 ounces capacity each in a pack of 2 cans
- It has a flash point of 38°C
- Resorts fuel economy and power delivery
- Pack of 2 cleaning solution canisters
- Highly ergonomic design
- It has a long shelf life
- A bit expensive compared to other options
Royal Purple is yet another budget-friendly brand that you will find in our list. It also manufactures various maintenance-related products such as motor oil and drive train oil.
The Royal Purple 18000 is yet another budget-friendly option that is simply ideal for personal use. By simply looking at the design of the canister, you can tell that it has an ergonomic design that let’s user safely pour the content into the engine. Royal Purple is offering 6 ounces of solution in a pack, which might be little less for multiple applications. But looking at the price, you can use an entire bottle at a time for best results.
As for the performance, the Royal Purple 18000 offers restoration of your car’s fuel economy and stabilizes ethanol levels inside your engine. It also increases the overall power delivery since it loosens up the overall movement of the internal parts of the engine. You can use the Royal Purple 18000 for both gasoline as well as diesel engines, making it a highly versatile option.
- Produced by Royal Purple
- Highly ergonomic canister design
- Offers 6 ounces capacity in a pack of 1 can
- Universal fit design of the bottle
- Increases responsiveness of the engine
- Canister is easy to use
- Suitable for both diesel and gasoline engine
- Universal fit design for the bottle design
- Cleaning agent volume should have been higher
In the end, a similar option as our last pick from Gumout. You will find the following cleaning agent from Gumout quite impressive with its performance assurance.
For the last position, we have selected the Gumout 510023 system cleaner. It is also a compact option that offers 6 ounces of cleaning agent per canister. But, the overall performance of the cleaning agent is pretty good for this price point. The solution manages to remove the hardest dirt and carbon deposits from ports as well as from indirect fuel injectors. Apart from that, it also intakes valves, piston tops and cylinder heads as well.
Along with cleaning the parts, it also forms a protective covering that ensures prevention against future carbon buildup. And as you are going to use the solution with fuel, it also conditions the fuel quality which prevents corrosion caused by ethanol and water corrosion. With that, you can experience efficient performance from the engine as well as heightened fuel economy levels.
- Produced by Gumout
- Cleans multiple engine parts at once
- Offers 6 ounces capacity in a pack of 1 can
- Prevents future corrosion
- Safe to use with Oxygen sensors
- Premium compound quality
- Restores engine performance
- Prevents future carbon deposition
- Solution quantity is very low
Buying Guide For The Best Fuel Injector Cleaner
Now that you are familiar with the best fuel injectors present in the market, let us talk about what you need to check before you choose one. The main reason for the availability of so many options is that not all options are suitable for all types of applications. While some are designed to serve a specific purpose, others might be suitable for different types of applications.
For example, if you are buying a fuel injector cleaner for personal use, you should not worry about the quantity or volume since you won’t be using that again for half a year. On the other hand, there are a few options that are more suitable for professional use since they offer large quantities with a highly effective price tag for the given volume. In our buying guide, we will discuss such factors in detail and let you know the most important things to know before you buy a can of fuel injector cleaner.
One of the first considerations for a maintenance-related accessory should be the brand and popularity of the product in the market. If a brand is offering a reliable product with highly positive results, it will obviously be a preferred option for a lot of users. Thus, you can follow such reviews and get the same performance and assurance of performance in your case as well.
Today, we have brought you the best options that are offered by popular brands and are currently a preferred option for thousands of users. However, it does not mean that lesser popular options are completely bad. In fact, a lot of new and upcoming brands try to price their products at a competitive price range while offering the best results. Thus, you can easily consider any of the products mentioned on our list today without worrying about the brand or the quality of the solution.
To find the best value for your investment, you should carefully check the volume of the cleaning solution present within the fuel injector cleaner can. If you are getting a high volume, it certainly means that the effective price for each ounce is lower. Also, it means that you can perform frequent maintenance sessions for your car without having to visit an automobile hardware store for a fuel injector cleaner.
These solutions also have a long shelf life which makes it ideal for storage and using it after a long time. But, if you are buying a fuel injector cleaner for yourself, it might not be the best choice to pick up a high volume option. Instead, you should get a budget option with lesser capacity to get the best value for your money. On the other hand, if you constantly find yourself in need of a fuel injector cleaner, make sure you pick up the highest volume option.
The quantity on the other hand is basically how many cans of solution you will get with a pack. While some brands offer a single large can, some will offer multiple cans of lesser capacity. If you find such an option within your budget, you should definitely prefer it over a larger can. First of all, it allows you to keep a backup option unused in your garage until you run out of your current can.
And as the 2nd canister will be unopened, it will stay completely pure and safe from external factors such as moisture contact or environmental dust. It improves the shelf life of the unit so that you can have a reliable option in your garage for future applications. You will also get more volume if you are getting 2 cans of fuel injector cleaner in a pack instead of 1, reducing the overall effective price of the solution per ounce.
4. Design and Ergonomics
Lastly, we will suggest checking out the external design and ergonomics of the can within which the fuel injector cleaning solution is stored. If you find yourself needing an additional peripheral just to pour the solution into your fuel tank, you must have made the wrong choice. Almost all manufacturers design the fuel injector cans in such a way that they can be used to pour the solution into the tank without spillage or overuse.
The design usually includes a narrow neck on the bottle and a small opening on the top of the bottle so that you can pour the solution in a controlled manner. Also, the overall size of the bottle or canister should be small enough to be held by a single person, but also large enough to hold a sufficient amount of solution on the inside. Almost all of the options you will find on our list today offer such ergonomic features that make them ideal options, even for beginners.
Q. What is the job of a fuel injector cleaner?
Fuel injector cleaners are basically a mixture of chemicals, most of which are strong solvents that can clean residue deposits of engine oil, dust, and dirt from the surface. One of the primary chemicals in these solutions is PEA (or polyetheramine) which can clear carbon depositions with ease. While you are cleaning your fuel injectors with a fuel injector cleaner, these chemicals will dissolve the deposited impurity from the injector surface, which would otherwise be very hard to clean with any other solution.
Q. When should you use a fuel injector?
There can be many different answers to this question based on your car type, driving style, surrounding environment, etc. Some professional mechanics suggest cleaning the fuel injectors after every 15000 miles of car travel, which sums up about once every year. But, if you are using a heavy-duty car on rugged pathways, this time interval is supposed to be much shorter. We will recommend you to perform this cleaning session at least once every 6 to 8 months, just to be on the safe side.
Q. How many types of fuel injector cleaner are there?
There are a variety of options available for fuel injector cleaners. First of all, there are price-effective basic options that are good enough for basic cleaning and carbon depositions. On the other hand, there are some premium options that also help to maintain the fuel economy, or even improve it further, based on which option you are choosing. Some fuel injector cleaners also contain a lubricating solution that maintains a smoother performance of the engine.
Today, we have observed a variety of options for the best fuel injectors. As most users are not familiar with such products, it is necessary to find the best options available in your budget and use them for the maintenance of your car. If you have any prior experience of internal engine problems, you must know the value of proper and timely maintenance.
Buying one of our options for the best fuel injector cleaners will help you carry out the process right in your garage, without needing any professional help. If you are not sure about which option is best suited for your car, check out our buying guide for the best fuel injector cleaners so that you can make an informed decision. You can also choose one of our top recommendations mentioned below.
- For professional applications, it is mostly about the quantity since there are a lot of cars coming in the shop for maintenance and internal cleaning. For such applications, we will recommend buying the Lucas LUC10013 10013 Fuel Treatment Cleaner. This is a can of 128 ounces fuel injector cleaning solution that will certainly last you a very long time, even after repetitive applications. Also, it is one of the most popular options since it is the first choice of many professional mechanics.
- However, if you have been looking for a cheaper alternative for a fuel injector cleaner, you should consider buying Berryman 0116 B-12 Injector Cleaner. This is the cheapest option from our list today and offers a 15 ounces volume of cleaning solution with an eerie can. Even with the cheap price tag, you will get 100% high-energy solvent technology that ensures thorough cleaning of your fuel injectors.
- Lastly, we will suggest going with the Chevron Techron Concentrate Cleaner since it is one of the most popular options in the market. This is a 20-ounce fuel injector cleaning solution that is available at quite a reasonable price range. This solution will clean, restore and protect the internal section of your engine for a long time. Apart from that, it also helps you to regain the lost performance of your car’s engine and offers a brand-new feeling even after several years.