Easy eye makeup? YES, PLEASE. This four-step lavender lid has been my go-to all week long.
It involves a layering technique, which I think is fun and easy. You start with a shimmery cream shadow base, and then layer and blend a matte powder shadow on top. The result? A shimmery base that peeks through the matte for a soft, subtle shine.
To get a similar look, you’ll need…
- A shimmery cream eyeshadow, like Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Orchid. I like this one because I can blend it easily with my fingers.
- A matte lavender powder eyeshadow. This one’s from the Ilia Cool Nude Eyeshadow Palette.
- A black liquid liner. I used my favorite Clinique Easy Liner in Black. The flexible felt tip makes it easy to control the width of my lines.
- A shimmery dark purple powder eyeshadow. This one is also from the Ilia Cool Nude Eyeshadow palette.
Four steps to lavender lids
- Apply your cream shadow as a base, and blend the edges with a brush or finger.
- Layer the matte lavender eyeshadow directly on top, then blend.
- Line with the black liquid liner.
- Layer the shimmery dark purple eyeshadow on top of the liquid liner with an angled brush; blend the edges.
Add your favorite brow product and mascara, if you’d like, then get ready to shine!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,