Power Electronics Design Engineer is responsible for design and development of Electronics with high power. One should be well versed with Analog electronics, hardware design and exposure to implementation of schematics, ready to perform the product testing, willingness to learn new technologies and adopt.
The role will be part of R&D Radiology, which is responsible for Electronic development for X-ray based Generators.
Key areas of accountability and Key Performance Indicators
Electronics design and development
- Requirement gathering, Design and Discussion on Electronics board development especially for high voltage switch mode power
- Work with cross functional teams to build architecture and execute as per plan
- Guide in PCB design, test of populated boards, completion of design documentation etc.
Involve in requirement gathering, Design discussion, Implementation, Review and communicate to all stake holders
Communicate to all stake holders about design and its impact on the system, risks and their mitigations
Advocate of Compliance
Ensure 100% compliance to QMS processes
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a technical field (Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Power Electronics)
3 to 10 years of experience and hands on design experience in switched mode power converters, resonant frequency converters, digital & analogue electronics.
- 3 to 10 years of experience in switched mode power converters, resonant frequency converters, digital & analogue electronics.
- Knowledge of various topologies used for Convertor and inverter applications. Hands on experience in the design of SMPS/Inverter is desirable.
- Should understand PCB Layout concepts and techniques for Power and Digital circuits
- Should have knowledge about Design concepts of application of Microprocessor/
- Microcontrollers and embedded, in the Power Electronics design.
- Knowledge about Thermal Design of Transformers, Heat sinks and Power devices is essential.
- Should have knowledge in Various Switching Topologies like Fly-back, Forward, Half Bridge, Full-Bridge etc.
- Should have knowledge about Power Electronic Devices like, BJTs, Power MOSFETs, IGBTs, Scotty Diodes, etc.,
- Hands on experience in Analog and Power Circuit design, MOSFET Drive circuits, Control ICs, and other Passive Devices etc.,
- Thorough knowledge about design of high frequency magnetic like Ferrite Transformer design, Ferrite inductor design etc.,
- Basic knowledge on High Voltage Generation, Insulation Material, System etc.,
- Hands on using simulation tools like MATLAB SIMULINK, PSPICE,MATHCAD etc.,
- Knowledge of Product development lifecycle in electronics design including generating Bill of materials, Hardware Design document, Qualification test plans, Environmental and EMI/EMC test plans etc.
- Basic knowledge on UL and IEC standards on Medical/Industrial Equipment’s.
- Possess good learning skills, dedicated and a good team player