Vaping is one of the most popular and trendy habits which seems to be getting more and more popular each day. Apart from simply getting the standard vaping equipment, you can fashion customized mods and get a personalized experience.
But before you devise a vaping mod, you need to measure its coil resistance correctly so that it gives you a great vaping experience. For that, you will be needing a decent ohm meter. Here are important aspects of an ohm meter which you should know before owning one.
- Test Range: Similar to every other electronic testing device, the ohm meters also have a specific range within which it can offer the readings. You will not be able to find any results if the resistance is below or above the test range. But, don’t worry as all of the ohm meters mentioned today are rated for 0.01 to 9.99 ohms test range.
- Error Range: A measurement error should be expected from any electronic device. Despite the error range being ever so small compared to an analog measurement device, it is still there and might create issues down the line. Usually, the error range of ohm meters should be within 1% to 3%.
- Digital Display: There’s no point of buying an electronic measurement device if you are unable to get proper readings from it. Even if it offers precise measurements, you won’t be able to perceive it without a decent display. A large and clear display is necessary on the ohm meter which offers easily perceivable readings.
Today, we are bringing you the best ohm meters that will be perfect for measuring coil resistance on vaping mods. If you enjoy designing your own atomizer coils, then you will certainly find it helpful to own an ohm meter. We will try to explain all of our picks with a brief review as well as offer you some recommendations at the end of our “Buying Guide”.
Best Ohm Meter For Vaping 2021
Best Ohm Meter For Vaping Reviews
Tuopuke is bringing the most popular option for the best ohm meter, especially for vaping. The ohm meter made by Tuopuke is one of the most preferred options in the market.
In the 1st place, we have the Tuopuke 521 TAB Mini ohm meter. This is a pretty popular choice amongst vape users for testing their vape mods. It is basically a mini version of the 512 tab which still offers a safe degree of safety. You can easily check the safety of your vape mods and avoid potentially dangerous mods.
The Tuopuke 521 TAB Mini can be a helpful tool for DIY coil makers. The device itself is pretty small in size as it measures about 3.4 x 2.5 x 0.8 inches in size. Along with better portability, you also get a battery indicator on the device which keeps you updated on the battery levels. The Tuopuke 521 TAB Mini also has a USB port for charging the coil resistance meter and it offers high-temperature protection.
- One of the most popular choices
- Available at a decent price point
- A mini version of the 521 TAB
- USB port with high-temperature protection
- Battery level indicator
- A great choice for portability
- One of the smallest ohm meters
- Reliable choice
- Battery life isn’t that great
Glotech is yet another decent choice of brand for an ohm meter. It is also offering a pretty good option within an affordable price range.
In 2nd place, we have the Glotech Digital coil resistance meter. It offers a wide resistance testing range of 0.01 to 9.99 ohms which is perfect for all types of DIY applications. As for the accuracy of the device, you can expect the error in measurement within 1% to 3% margin which is manageable.
This is a multi-functional device that offers both testing and fire function in the same device. This way, you can smoothly try out your DIY mods as soon as you have finished testing them. You can also charge your device thanks to the USB port available on the Glotech Digital coil resistance meter. This unit is made with a low voltage design so that it becomes a bit safer for use.
- A great choice for the given price
- 01 – 9.99 ohms testing range
- 1% – 3% error range
- Measures 5.75 x 4.69 x 1.57 inches in size
- USB port for charging
- A great option for hobbyists
- Low voltage design for better safety
- Multi-functional device
- Powered by a single battery
If you are serious about your vaping mods and spend a lot of time designing them, you should consider getting a premium ohm meter to test them. The Coil Mas ohmmeter is one such device that you should look into.
The VPDeal Coil Master 521 Mini is a very premium option available on our picks of the best ohm meter for vaping. Designed and developed in the USA, the VPDeal Coil Master 521 Mini offers reliable functionality as well as a premium feel which seems to be missing from other ohm meters. You can see that in the overall design of the device.
Also, the build quality of the VPDeal Coil Master 521 Mini is not disappointing at all. It measures about 4.8 x 1.7 x 4.7 inches in size and offers simple control options on the device. It also combines multiple functions within the same device that are testing and fire option. The best part of the VPDeal Coil Master 521 Mini is its display. Unlike any other option on this list, this unit features a mini OLED display which offers even better quality for readings.
- Premium ohm meter for DIY enthusiasts
- Multi-functional ohm meter
- Premium design and build quality
- OLED screen for readings
- Easy to use
- Pretty compact device with decent features
- Attractive design aspect
- Comes with an OLED display
- The display is very small
In contrast with our previous selection, the following option from Mimgo offers a very affordable choice for an ohm meter. You should consider this option for casual use.
Coming up next, we have the most affordable ohm meter in the market. The Mimgo Store Digital LED Ohm Meter might just be the best option for you if you are looking for a budget option. This unit is presented at a fraction of the cost compared to other options and still offers decent features. First of all, it has a digital LED display which is crucial for an ohm meter.
The overall design of the Mimgo Store Digital LED Ohm Meter is pretty simple and straightforward. It comes with testing points on the top with a display adjacent to it. Other than that, this is a single switch on the side to turn the device ON/OFF.
- Cheapest ohm meter
- Simple and straightforward design
- Easy to understand and use
- Comes with an LED display
- Decent battery life
- Great choice under a cheap price tag
- Suitable for casual users
- Pretty accurate measurements and readings
- Build quality could have been better
In the end, we will offer you another decent ohm meter within a suitable price range. Our last pick is coming from UTON, a popular brand for a variety of electronic gadgets.
The UTON Digital LED Coil Resistance Tester is also a great and pretty affordable option considering its features and durability. This is also a decent ohm meter with a testing range varying between 0.01 – 9.99 ohms. This will allow you to test your vaping mods under any condition. Also, its error range lies within 1% to 3%, making it an ideal choice for testing your mods.
The UTON Digital LED Coil Resistance Tester is also a multi-functional device that combines resistance test and fire function in a single device. The unit offers complete protection against all sorts of electronic hazards such as low-voltage, short-circuit, breaker, low resistance, and burning time protection. You will also find a USB port that can charge the 18650 battery, which is required to operate this device.
- Great device for the price
- 5 levels of protection are available
- 01 – 9.99 ohms testing range
- 1% – 3% error range
- Measures about 3.39 x 2.52 x 1.06 inches
- Compact device with great features
- Multi-functional ohm meter
- A USB port is provided to charge 18650 battery
- Not cheap enough for casual applications
Buying Guide For The Best Ohm Meter For Vaping
Considering you have checked all of the options we have presented today, you must have found out the best ohm meter for vaping-related applications. There is a lot more to a simple ohm meter than it looks. Before buying one, you need to check a lot of factors beforehand such as test range, error range, display size, and many other factors.
To be sure, we have included all of these factors along with our picks so that you won’t have to research the product anywhere else. And if you are not sure what these parameters are and how it affects your application, consider checking out our buying guide for the best ohm meters. Here, we will tell you what you should check and how to buy the best ohm meter under your budget.
Each ohm meter is designed for a specific set of applications. Therefore, the test range varies from product to product when it comes to ohm meters. If you are looking for an ohm meter specifically for testing vaping mods, then you should consider the testing range between 0.01 to 9.99 ohms.
Typically, the vaping mods would not have a resistance level higher or lower than this range. But, if you wish to use the ohm meter for other electronic applications as well, then you can consider getting a professional device. With that, you can use the same device for a variety of applications.
Each measurement device is calibrated differently and thus, introduces a certain level of error while you are using it. Analog measurement devices are much more inaccurate due to the lack of sensors and high precision measurement techniques.
When it comes to electronic measurement devices like ohm meters, the error levels are already pretty low. A standard ohm meter does not introduce an error level of more than 1% to 3%. But as you are going to test your vaping mods with the ohm meter, you need to carefully understand the measurement levels of the device and make sure it offers you precise measurements.
The display is also a pretty important parameter if an ohm meter as it shows you the readings that you wish to know while checking the vaping mods. The display has to be large enough so that the readings can be easily checked and noticed for further changes.
If the display of the device is of low quality or damaged easily, you won’t be able to use the ohm meter at all. Usually, the ohm meters have a digital LED display which is good enough for basic applications. However, there are some premium devices in the market that also offer an OLED display which is much clearer to check and also offers better longevity.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: Coils with a resistance level below 1 ohm are common for vaping. To be precise, coils with 0.8 ohms resistance are mostly preferred for vaping. As for other types of vaping such as cloud vaping, the preferred resistance changes to 0.15 ohms.
Ans: The resistance of atomizer coils certainly affects the vaping experience. Lower electrical resistance results in more heat and generates warmer vapor. On the other hand, higher resistance results in a comparatively colder vapor.
Ans: To maintain the flavor of your e-liquid, you should always store it in a dark and cool place. However, you can get creative and experiment with the liquid to test different types of flavors. You can keep the e-liquid exposed to air for a couple of days, or you can soak a new flavor of e-liquid to enhance the flavor of the original one.
Safe vaping is important whether you are just getting in to vaping, or you are an experienced vape user. A lot of users like to build their own vape coils. But while doing so, you will have to be careful about the resistance of the coils. This resistance should be within a safe limit so that you don’t end up hurting yourself.
Also, the resistance affects the flavor and overall vaping experience as well. Today, we have brought you the best ohm meters for vaping which you should definitely check out. In case you are not sure which one to get, take a look at our buying guide for any additional help. Or, you can choose one from our recommendations below.
- While a lot of ohm meters are quite on the expensive side, the Mimgo Store Digital LED Ohm Meter is available at a fraction of their price. This is the cheapest option from our list today that comes with a mini digital LED display. Using the Mimgo Store Digital LED Ohm Meter is pretty simple. It has a single ON/OFF button and testers where you attach the vape.
- On the other hand, if you are looking for more of a reliable option, then consider going with the Tuopuke 521 TAB Mini. Hundreds of users are already using this ohm meter and it has pretty positive feedback. It is the best choice for DIY users as it has a battery indicator as well as a USB port for charging. The Tuopuke 521 TAB Mini also has high-temperature protection to avoid damage to the device as well as to the user.
- VPDeal Coil Master Authentic Original 521 Mini is a premium choice from our picks today, and it might be the correct option for you as well. This is a multi-functional ohm meter that is perfect for testing vaping mods. Unlike most other options in the market, this device features an OLED display. Thus, you can easily check the readings while you are testing your mod.