Almond Butter Blueberry Waffles
These delectable waffles from Ambitious Kitchen are a perfect way to start the day. They’re golden and crispy on the outside and combine the delicious flavors of blueberry and almond butter. The ingredients and instructions from Ambitious Kitchen’s recipe are below.
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat and grease waffle iron. Whisk almond butter, eggs, banana, almond extract, coconut oil and almond milk in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt by stirring them into the liquid mixture. Mix well then fold in blueberries.
- Ladle batter into waffle iron and cook until golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- The recipe makes three Belgian waffles.
Mexican Bean Soup with Shredded Chicken and Lime
This protein-packed, quick soup from Sara Buenfeld on BBC’s GoodFood is perfect for meal prepping and reheats for a delicious lunch. Plus, if you’re a vegetarian, you can top the soup with guacamole for added flavor and nutrition.
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can black beans
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 cooked skinless chicken breast, about 125g, shredded
- handful chopped coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Before adding the onion and pepper, heat the oil in a medium-sized pan. Fry the onion and pepper for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and spices to the pan, then stir in the tomatoes and beans with their liquids. Add half a can of water and the bouillon powder. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the liquid mixture is simmering, add the chicken, coriander and lime juice to a bowl with a little chili and mix well.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with chicken mixture.
- This recipe makes 2 bowls of soup.
Sausage and Spinach Spaghetti Pie
This family-friendly dish from Adam Hickman on Cooking Light combines protein-rich sausage, spinach and eggs to keep you full and satiated. Plus, it’s budget friendly and packed with flavor.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-grain spaghetti
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ounces hot chicken Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 (9-oz.) bag fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces preshredded reduced-fat Italian-blend cheese (about 3/4 cup), divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 500°F leaving an 8-inch round cake tin in the over to heat up.
- Boil a saucepan full over water over high heat. Cook past for 8 minutes or until it is al dente.
- Once pasta is drained, add it to a large bowl and coat them with the eggs.
- Over medium-high heat heat oil in a large skillet. Cook sausage for 2 minutes or until browned. Add tomato, onion and spinach and cook until liquid has almost evaporated, about 7 minutes.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta mixture and add pepper, salt and 2 ounces of cheese.
- With care, remove hot cake pan from over and cat it with cooking spray. Add the mixture to the pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 500°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the over and cut spaghetti pie into 4 wedges.
We hope you test out these protein-rich recipes with The Skincare Supplements. Don’t forget to share your #GoodBeautyStories with us @janeiredale.