Do you own an Airpod and are wondering how to connect them to your tv? Well, then you are at the right place. You don’t necessarily need to own an Apple TV for connectivity. As a matter of fact, the Airpods can connect with pretty much any device that has Bluetooth, like a normal Samsung TV.
However, the experience offered by the Apple TV is unparalleled and of superior quality. The connection process is quite easy as well. In this guide, we will be showing you how to pair your Airpods with the Apple TV. Read on to find out more.
How To Connect/Link AirPods To Apple TV
If both the Airpods and the Apple TV are linked via a common iCloud account, then you can follow the steps below. Also, ensure that both the devices are updated to the latest version.
- Flip open the Airpod case. This will ensure that the Airpod will be on the list of available devices for connectivity. Now, wear the Airpods and see if you can hear the ready-to-use noise.
- Switch on the Apple TV and head to the home screen.
- Press down the play and pause button on the Apple Remote.
- Choose the Airpod from amongst the options displayed on the screen.
Connecting Apple TV to Last Paired AirPods
After following the previous steps, the Apple TV ought to remember the Airpods. Follow the steps until step 4.
- Choose the video and audio option from the settings menu.
- Choose an audio output. The default option would probably be your TV speakers.
- Head down to the option called Temporary Audio Output/ Here you can see other speakers and Headphones.
- Now, flip open the case of the Airpods and they will pop up in the available devices list. Select them using the remote.
- Insert the AirPods to the ears.
Connecting AirPods to Another Person’s Apple TV
If you are trying to connect the Airpod with an Apple Tv that isn’t linked through the same iCloud account, then the process is slightly different.
- Ensure that you are using the Airpods.
- Press the pairing button on the back of the case until it starts to flash white.
- Switch on the Apple TV and head to the settings option.
- From the remote and devices option, choose Bluetooth.
- Choose your Airpods and then tap on the connect device option.
We hope this guide would have helped you to connect your Airpods to the Apple TV. The process is fairly easy and intuitive. Also, it is important to note that the Airpods can be paired with Non-Apple TVs as well. For any queries regarding the content, do write to us.